Looking at the make up of London you would struggle to believe there are places that you can switch off, relax and do a bit of fishing in the capital.
Believe it or not there are many places you can go but we thought it would be helpful to list our top 5 venues.
1. Walthamstow Wetlands- With acres of reservoirs to explore this truly urban venue is stocked with some great fish from monster carp to really big bream! Day Tickets are available from the bailiffs hut at the entrance on Forest road. https://walthamstowwetlands.com/angling
2 Forest Road, London N17 9NH.
2. Puddeldock Farm Fishery- This little gem is a great place to learn to fish and also make use of the terrific facilities including a cafe. Located in Upminster which easily accessible from the city via the C2C and the District line. https://www.puddledockfarmfishery.co.uk/
St Mary’s Lane, Upminster RM14 3NX
3. The Chase Lakes Dagenham- This extremely popular East London venue holds carp to mid 40lbs and plenty of other species to go at also. Once again located on the District line this venue is very accessible from Central London. https://www.facebook.com/bardagchase/
The Chase, Dagenham Road, Rush Green, Romford, Essex, RM7 0SS
4. Tylers Common Fishery- Beginners are welcome at this friendly fishery on the outskirts of Upminster. With four lakes on the complex there is something for every skill level with carp up to 20lb in the popular wagtail lake.
Nags Head Ln, Upminster RM14 1TS
5. Redbridge lakes- This venue is a firm favourite with families and match fisherman and has a lovely cafe where you can make sure the fish are not the only ones being fed. This venue caters mainly for the specimen hunter with all types of species excluding carp present.
175 Roding Ln N, Woodford Green IG8 8LY